September 7, 2011
GOP Debate: I've Got Some Questions
I’ve got some questions about the GOP debate:
1. Did the candidates draw straws for their position on stage?
2. Did the candidates draw straws to see who got questioned in what order?
3. How much did NBC have to do with Romney and Perry being situated dead center, side-by-side?
4. Did anyone in corporate media have a problem with the fact that the initial questions were directed at Perry and Romney (“Cause you’re the new guy,” Brian Williams said to Perry … last come, first served, right?), and that the first couple minutes might as well, from the camera angle and every other angle, be solely a debate with extended rebuttal, between Romney and Perry?
5. Did anyone in corporate media have a problem with how much this morning’s NYT cover photo and headline reinforces and drives home the fact, before a primary vote has been cast, that the GOP contest is now a two-man race?
And some miscellany:
( photo 1: Chris Carlson/Pool/Reuters. caption: Former first lady Nancy Reagan (C) greets GOP presidential candidates (L-R): Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN), former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney, Texas Governor Rick Perry, and Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), in a replica of the Oval Office at the Ronald Reagan Presidential Library before the Reagan Centennial GOP presidential primary debate in Simi Valley, California September 7, 2011. photos 2, 3 & 4: Mario Anzuoni/Reuters.)
comments powered by Disqus.
Comments Powered by