2. The site of Maria Shriver — completely out of the blue — joining the Obama party was just riveting here in CA.
3. When has Michelle achieve this kind of visibility on the threshold of a primary day?
4. This shot reflects a sharp departure from what had essentially become a Billary vs. Barack "two-on-one" in the media eye. With Bill having hit the wall in S. Carolina, it appears like the spousal scales have almost evened out for Super Tuesday.
5. You know you've got it going when Oprah is fifth mention.
6. Also, of course, you have some real field-leveling here in terms of Hillary domination of the "girls-only" photo op.
LA Rally: Maria Shriver Announces Her Support for Barack (YouTube video. Michelle Barack intro, Shriver's moment, and the rest of the craziness.)
Maria Shriver by kos
Shriver backs Obama, Schwarzenegger for McCain (Reuters)
(image: Danny Moloshok/Reuters. caption: (L-R) Michelle Obama, Caroline Kennedy, Maria Shriver and Oprah Winfrey stand together after they each spoke during a rally for Democratic presidential candidate US Senator Barack Obama (D-IL) at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion in Los Angeles, California, February 3, 2008)