1. Obama M.O.: Keep your friends close and your enemies closer. (Check it out. He really loves working the opposite aisle.)
2. Little role reversal with those ties?
3. The job really beat 43 up. 42 looking more like his brother now.
4. Bubba’s got that dreamy look. I don’t even want to know what he’s reminiscing about.
5. Carter looks half-way to the Rose Garden (again). … Maybe that’s what happens to old non-conformists.
6. And then, 15 years out, I’m sure Dubya (father of: Iraq War II, IIa, IIb, IIc, IId, IIe, IIf, IIg…/Hurricane Brownie/Osama Who?/The Great Recession) will be standing where Carter is — but with even more daylight in between.
7. I heard Bush had to tell the rug story still again, by the way… how Laura picked it out; how it’s all about sunshiny optimism; yadda, yadda. Aren’t you feelin’ it?
(12:25 pm. Slightly revised for attitude — more of it. Lovin’ the comments, btw.)
(image: Mark Wilson/Getty Images. Oval Office. January 7, 2009)
Comments Powered by Disqus