April 5, 2009
BagNewsSalon: Since Katrina with Mario Tama
Since Hurricane Katrina, Getty photographer Mario Tama has produced compelling documentary images of life in New Orleans. Three-and-a-half years after the storm, we invite you to this BAGnewsSalon where we will discuss how Mario’s images look to us, one president and a major financial crisis later.
- Michael Shaw Host, Publisher, BagNewsNotes.
- Mario Tama staff photographer at Getty Images.
- Loret Steinberg Professor of Photojournalism and Documentary Photography/R.I.T.
- Nathan Stormer Moderator – Professor of Communications and Journalism/U. of Maine.
- Alan Chin Editor & Contributing Photographer, BagNews Originals.
- Tim Fadek photographer at Polaris.
- Michael Steinberg photojournalist.
- Aric Mayer photojournalist.
- Yana Paskova photojournalist.
- Michael Itkoff photographer / publisher at Daylight Magazine
- Cara Finnegan Moderator, Professor of Communication – U. of Illinois, Co-editor: Visual Rhetoric: a reader in communication and American culture.