I’m entranced, too, but I’m wondering why architectural photographer, Mike Kelley’s beautiful and meticulous LAX photoshop image, “Wake Turbulence,” went viral. Taking a few flies at it:
• Marvels how life/transit, as complicated as it is, mostly works.
• Taps into air travel as goat herding. Poetically speaks to traveler’s frustration.
• Captures life as unrelenting chaos. The rat race. Too many balls in the air.
• It’s the curiosity of right-to-left. Flying backwards.
• It’s technological but also primal. Like we’re just as much a swarm of bees.
• Constantly bombarded as we are with the mundane and redundant, it’s a novelty home run.
• If you click it larger, you’ll notice the carriers are all international. And, what might that say?
… By the way, you can read Mike Kelley’s backstory here.
(photo: Mike Kelley)